Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Envisaging

A Short story by Soran Mustafa Kurdi

 He put the gun on the right of his temple and put his index finger on the trigger. He, at that moment, pictured himself as Hamlet.
“To die or not to die," he said, feeling like standing in front of a throng of people, "that’s the question! What may come after I blow out my brain and leave this exhausting life, I don’t know! When I got to the other side of the world, which I don’t know if there is one, ‘who would bear the whips and scorns of time, The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, The pangs of despised love, the law's delay, The insolence of office and the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes?’ I try to leave all these behind myself here in this life!”

He went on.

“Committing suicide is easy, move your finger a little bit, push the trigger down and that’s it,” He said this loudly while the gun is still on his temple “but what makes me worry is that no one has come back from there to know whether a different world exists, free from burden, or it is the same, with the same sufferings and injustice.”

 Feeling lost in wording the sentences, he was woken by the applause of other performers and the director of the play.

 “Fantastic rehearsal,” said the director “I want you to do the same performance, in front of hundreds of audiences.”

End


No comments:

Post a Comment